I was so surprised today to discover that RaisingDaisy nominated me for the “Blog on Fire” award. Check this sweet little Havachon at http://raisingdaisy.wordpress.com/ where she gives some great dog toy reviews among other things. Thank you RaisingDaisy! Daisy is such a cute little girl.
My friend, SpilledCookies, also gave me the Versatile Blogger award today. Now the Versatile Blogger award has been my way before, and I’m just too exhausted today to meet its demands for 15 blogs. Thanks, SpilledCookies! I appreciate the gesture, but will have to wait to give the 15 more blogs. This full-time job, part-time job, and constant classes for my avocation are totally kicking my butt. I’m worn out!
For the Blog on Fire, I’ve been asked to give 8 unusual facts about myself and pass this award along to 8 more blogs. I’m going to give eight blogs. Traditionally, the recipients give 8 unusual facts about themselves and nominate another 8 blogs. Now, if you’re too busy or don’t do these sorts of things, don’t sweat it! Just revel in the thoughts that I’m thinking about you and introducing you to my friends.
- My husband’s cockatoo adores me and loves to preen my hair. He’ll bite anyone that encroaches upon his territory (me) when he’s feeling romantic about me.
- I went to the same high school as Lyle Lovett and Matt Bomer.
- My favorite television show right now is Big Bang Theory. I can really relate to the socially awkward people with nerdy interests.
- I received a dictionary once from its author/editor, Bryan A. Gardner. I never before thought that such books actually have authors. I received the book (street value of $65) for debasing myself by admitting to a class that I was over 30 before I learned that the conjugation of “to bring” was not “bring, brang, brung.” Unfortunately, the Texas influence on my grammar has been quite a handicap.
- People I know who have died often come visit me in my dreams.
- My favorite Dr. Seuss book was “Go, Dog! Go!” Not really intellectual, but involved dogs.
- I have an obsession with writing instruments and paper. I’m not necessarily a snob, but I like a large selection to get just the right pen and ink color for the job. I’m not much of a fan of black ink. But I really have a preference for good paper that helps the ink really flow.
If anyone knows of a good blog about goats, let me know. I think they are so cute!
Here are the blogs that I want to nominate for the Blog on Fire award. There are so many that I enjoy, and I don’t want to keep nominating the same ones, so I tried to list some new ones this time!