My last post discussed nine ways that we can feed our soul, Just like we do our bodies. These are some general ideas about ways that everyone can feed their soul, regardless of where they are on their spiritual path. Here’s the rest of the list.
- Take out your inner garbage. Hold yourself accountable for the old thought patterns and habits that no longer serve you. Then let them go.
- Find ways to engage with nature. Feeling more connected with the Earth helps in many, many ways.
- Find new people to do things with. Sometimes people become so accustomed to us being one way, that they can’t understand that we might want to change. They keep pushing us back into our box, limiting our growth. New people don’t have this preconceived notion, and they can accept us as we are.
- Find new music that lifts you up and energized me.
- Nurture your body in new ways. I’m not talking about weight control or getting buff. I mean that we must find and fix sources of pain within us. I also learned that I must take steps to support my nervous system, which is the key to full-body health.
- Raise your expectations for yourself. We all deserve to have our needs met as we care for and support those that we care for. We aren’t expected to give, give, give – or to take, take, take. No one’s life is intended to be one of sacrifice without any return. Live your life for yourself and others, not just for everyone else.
- Try out new crayons, metaphorically, of course. We’re capable of many, many emotions, like a box of emotions comes in many colors and hues. So why color with the same old ones al the time? Allow yourself to try out some new emotions. Give yourself permission to feel a broader depth and breadth of emotions. It isn’t healthy to feel the same way all the time. You can over-do sacrifice, sympathy, service, and anger. Trying out new emotions can feel as liberating as drawing with new crayons.
- Listen to your intuition. It’s your soul whispering to you.
Reblogged this on MetaRead360 Small Press presents and commented:
Had to reblog part 2…really liked the last line: “Listen to your intuition. It’s your soul whispering to you.” Awe-some!
Beautifully said. I especially like the part about raising expectations for yourself. It works on a couple levels, and it’s something good for me to think about. Thanks!
Thank you. Glad to hear something resonated!